July 17, 2010

VBS 2010

This year, our BIG national clubhouse stepped out in faith and chose to host two sessions of VBS each day. By making this decision, we were able to host over 400 children at Saddle Ridge Ranch (and yes, it is possible to turn an Asian island into a western dude ranch and Asians into cowboys and cowgirls).
Esther and I spent 10 hours a day working both morning and afternoon sessions all week. It was VERY hard work, but the dividends are definitely eternal with over 200 children making decisions for HIM. Now, the real work of follow-up with entire families begins.
The week was greatly enhanced by all of the donations from our friends in WV and TN. Thanks so much for all of the "leftover" supplies that you sent our way. It definitely added to the theme.
Esther helped out in the Craft site and with one of the first grade classes. I worked with 3rd graders.
Over 1/2 of these children had never attended any kind of VBS-type event before. Pre-registration filled the 400 slots within days of opening. We were so happy that six of our children from the orphanage were able to attend.
I think this photo best describes the entire event: I will give my life, I will give my all, I just want to be like HIM! We were so honored to be able to work alongside our national brothers and sisters who definitely gave ALL they could give this week so that these children had the opportunity to find answers in HIM, both now and in the future.

No comments: